Monday 4 August 2014

Concertreviews too, from now on

Is it unprofessional to write a blog and have a bandcrush (or several bandcrushes)?
Who cares, I'm not here especially to be objective, since this blog (and other pages) is to help the bands that I can and want to help and therefore my whole blog & co is my taste/opinion. You may like the same bands that I like or maybe not. But I like so many bands that you probably can find something of your taste as well. Maybe after a while I get more objective, since it's better to be honest and let the band learn and grow from your well-intentioned critisism than that they make the same 'mistake' again or delivering albums that all sound the same (although maybe a few bands can get away with that..).

But anyway, as you can see I started with an extra tab with concertreviews, since I thought that would be a nice extra for my site and since I visit lots if shows as a showaholic/concertaholic. 
And the first band I start with is Nuclear from Chile!


Nuclear at The Cave in Amsterdam, NL, 24/07/2014
I got to know this thrashmetalband from Chile through Twitter already quite a while ago and I did like their music from the start. So when this time they played at some reachable cities for me here in Europe, I definitely needed to go and see them live. Past thursday was the day. I went to Amsterdam to see Nuclear. This was also the first time I met the guys and it felt good that they had noticed and appreciated my support on twitter. You know that I help the bands that I like whenever I can, but this makes it really better, just the appreciation.
But okay back to the concert, unfortunately I missed the 2 supportbands, but I was on time to see the whole Nuclear-show from the start. 
The band started with the song 'Inner Hate,' that was released last year,
and from the first song the crowd went crazy. I think it was pretty full for the small bar that The Cave is. It's too small for a real circlepit or something but they sure had something going there in the front. 
Maybe they were already tired because these were the last few dates of the tour, but they didn't show it on stage. Small or big stage, it doesn't matter for these guys, they went fully for it and were eager to play more. I already knew I had to see more of this than one show and I already regretted that I couldn't make it earlier this year when they were also here in Europe. 
Sadistic method for crime, also a great song that had a good response, but in fact all songs did. Then near the end it was Asphyxia and Apatrida, that's officially one of my favourites now, what a song, already that start...after this you want an encore for sure. And yes there was a little 'encore', even if the place is too small to get off the stage and return, it was the cover 'Chaos is my life' from The Exploited. Great choice. That's also a big plus, loving metal and punk. No better thing than an open-minded musician that has great taste in music with no limitations to the 'genre' (as we like to call it). Well, that was the end of the show, damn, this left me only craving for more...


Setlist:
Inner hate
Criminal solicitation
Sadistic method for crime
Eleventh block
Architects of war
Againsthem
E-faith
Asphyxia
Apatrida
Chaos is my life


Here already one video with Asphyxia/Apatrida, more to follow:

Check my YouTube for more videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment