Monday 2 July 2018

I'm back

Yes, I know it took a while, but honestly I've been going to so many shows and working inbetween that I didn't know where to get the time from to update this. Also been without inspiration to write something here, or just didn't know how to put it down in words. So let's try and start this again.

If you know me a little bit, you know my love for Swedish and Brazilian bands already and I told you about a few bands that I got to know over there. I promise to tell you in another post about all the other bands that I've found all over Europe (since supporting the great bands all over Europe is supporting the local bands for me, the Netherlands is too little, Europe is my "local" area), but now I want to tell you about all the bands from the UK/Scotland with whom I've seem to fell in love with since a good one-and-a-half years ago. And it does help that they're all so fucking nice guys (and girls). 

On a sidenote: Honestly, it does help as a band that you treat your fans well. Some bands I don't bother seeing or buying stuff from, because they have been behaving like assholes to me or others. As a fan you still have to take the bands point of view in consideration since touring can be or actually totally is exhausting and I try to always keep that in mind. But if you don't act like a prick and have some interaction or just being kind, it make your fans come back over and over.

First up, ofcourse, Darko, I think I've saw their name around back then, here and there, but never got round to see them live. Until I did, and since then, like how we used to say it in the Netherlands, I was sold!! Those riffs, just wow!
Have to say I don't mind seeing them every weekend and some months it's really like that hahaha.
darko.lockjawrecords.co.uk

Bands from Scotland are certainly on my list in UK-bandlove. So, if you've followed me or know me, you know that I do love the Murderburgers a lot. How can you not love the punkrock made by mainman Fraser? I always looked for passion in music so far away, but I guess I was too far off myself to see it all around me in Europe. If you not see the passion he's putting into his music and shows (or gigs, however you want to call it LG..), well...maybe you need to find your own passion first then.
themurderburgers.bandcamp.com

Then we have The Burnt Tapes. I think I saw them the first time in Guildford or was it Southampton. I'm not sure, good thing I keep a list with everything I've visited, otherwise I wouldn't remember everything past last week (no drinking just a bit old), if I even remember that hahaha. Honestly I do remember, but I can't name all the bands exactly anymore, that's why I have my list or if I want to know how many times I saw a band this is the way hihi.

burnttapes.bandcamp.com

Next band you really need to give a listen is Eat DefeatI should've seen them live by now, but I always seem to miss them when they play unfortunately. But I still know they're certainly worth your time on the album/stream and live. Their new album 'I think we'll be ok', will be released next month (August 3rd) on Bearded Punk Records.
eatdefeat.bandcamp.com

I don not only know all the punk and hardcorebands in the UK, I do know some rockbands that you should check out. Let's start with The Black Spiders. They unfortunately are on an indefinite hiatus right now, but let's hope they'll be back soon. They make rock 'n' roll as it should be. If you like Danko Jones, you'll certainly will like the Black Spiders, with their three man strong guitarwall coming at you at their great songs.
www.theblackspiders.com
www.facebook.com/theblackspiders

A band I certainly can't forget is Almeida. A band I've enjoyed from the start, with excellent guitar-, bass- and drumwork and ofcourse Tom's vocals are on point as well! They always say they make progressive thrash, so maybe you have a bit of an idea to which categorie they fall in now, bur if you just say thrashpunk, that would be a good categorie in my eyes too. But since I don't do categories (okay I do, but only to describe bands), you should just give them a chance and listen, or even better listen (and watch) to them LIVE!
almeida.bandcamp.com

This was just part 1 of the UK-bands to check out, I know so many more, but otherwise this piece will get too long and neverending. More parts about UK-bands to follow inbetween other bands I want to show you/tell you about.


No comments:

Post a Comment